Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bird Nest Candies for Easter


My mother was always thinking of fun, creative ways to celebrate Easter. She didn’t go out of her way to create tradition. It just happened. These adorable (and yummy) bird nest candies are an Easter mainstay for our family. Maybe you can share them with your family too.

Ingredients:
One 11oz bag Butterscotch morsels
¾ cup peanut butter (smooth)
3 cups Chow Mein noodles
Mini Robin Eggs (Malted Milk Candy)

Melt butterscotch morsels and peanut butter in the microwave. Stirring frequently until smooth.
Add chow Mein noodles. Stir until fully coated.
Place table spoon size drops on wax paper and shape into nest shape leaving room for eggs.
Add Robin Eggs once the candy has slightly cooled.
Makes 16 large or 30 small bird nests.




I’m anxious for tomorrow. I enjoy the excitement of remembering the miraculous resurrection of Jesus Christ. His sacrifice is what makes me whole, brings me peace and reminds me that there is always a bigger picture. I am unworthy of His gift and am overwhelmed by His love. I want my children to experience these same feelings as they grow. For now, I’ll create fun traditions that build anticipation for Easter and one day enjoy the moments where they discover their own relationship with Christ.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...