Sunday, December 5, 2010

Hunting Theme Baby Shower {The Main Event}


The Hunting Themed Baby Shower was on Saturday. Here are photos from the day. I thought everything turned out wonderfully and I had so much fun working with the mom to be and her family! And while I was out of my "realm" working with a hunting theme, in the end I really had fun! I couldn't find ANYTHING on the internet partaining to a Hunting Themed Baby Shower, so I'm hoping that this post will inspire others looking for a similar theme. I heard one guest at the shower say "I think the camo themed party is on the up and up." I laughed to myself. Seriously? Or just in east Texas?

These mobiles were ADDORABLE and fairly simple to make, I just cut various theme appropriate shapes from paper that matched the party color and had help attaching them to the oversized embroidery hoops using fishing string and tape. It was a simple and effective way to bring the theme to the food table.




 
The cardboard deer head I made from a pattern that I found on the Chronical Books Blog. The cutting was tedious, but I think it was worth the effort. He added a whimsical charm to the main table.

The cake was made by a lady in our church. I thought she did a great job replicating the cake that the mommy-to-be requested. AND it was tasty!


The centerpieces were made from logs cut in various heights. I placed a candle on the top of each on and added snow since the shower was in December. The pine cones were a nice outdoorsy addition.






















With all of the recent interest in this post, I've uploaded pdf files of the various printed pieces I created for this shower. They are yours to use, just please give credit to Bit-O-Me when appropriate! Please let me know if you use the files. I'd love to see your Hunting Showers!
Mobile Pattern
Onesie Pattern
Camo print Food Markers
Animal Game
Animal Game Answers

UPDATE: I recently created a remixed version of this shower. Check it out here

17 comments:

  1. Love this shower! I would love to feature this on my blog, www.katiegracedesign.com. Always looking for unique parties. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have you share this with others! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this. sooo cute. where did you find the template for the onsies? or did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this soooo cute! where did you get the temp for the onesie garland? or did you make it yourself? help please. my sister is having her first baby. i would love to make that. i can make all kinds of things but drawing not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is Amazing. I am so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you make the centerpiece with "Drake" carved into the wood? I would love to have one of those made for a baby gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE what you did with this theme. Very tastefully done. I'm going to post this on my site (SpecialBabyShowerGifts.com), giving you credit of course. Thanks for the great info!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Lauren, I bought those wooden letters at our local WalMart store and simply set them on top of a large log.

    Jamie, I'm happy to have you feature the shower on your website.

    Thanks, both of you for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just threw a baby shower and used some of your ideas - thank you!!! Loved the mobile - SO CUTE! And the hanging onesies were a big hit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I was wondering how you did your invitations?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Kristen, I designed the invitation using Adobe InDesign. I work professionally as a graphic designer. This blog is an account of my personal life and work. I've created many custom versions of the invitation for others since this event and I'd be happy to help you with one as well. Here is a link to the post about the invitation: http://krystinaevans.blogspot.com/2010/11/hunting-themed-baby-shower-invitation.html
    send me an email and we'll go from there. skevans@livingston.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there,

    I love your ideas and was hoping to use the templates for the mobile as well as onsie...Im trying to use but it wont let me open...is there anyway you could send these to my email?? Thank you so much for sharing with everyone to use. (jwordlaw1@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this iam having my daughter a baby shower and we trying to do a hunting theme and we are having a hard time found stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for these ideas and templates! I posted pictures of a recent Hunting baby shower I did to Pinterest and included your website for the templates. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute and adorable! It’s perfect for a baby boy. Thanks for sharing your baby shower decorating ideas for boys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...