Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Quacky Birthday Marin {The Party}


Marin's 2nd birthday party was a smashing success. The weather was beautiful and everyone had a good time. Below are a few of my favorite shots from the evening.

Christy volunteered to make duck feet sugar cookies for the party. They were adorable and yummy too. Thank you Christy! The duck family on each table were made from yellow felt. I finalized the pattern if you want to make your own.
The party favors contained, duck beak whistles and flipping ducks, rubber ducks, and duck shaped bath fizzes. Oh, and a handful of lollipops (Marin's favorite candy).
Mom and Granny Parma put together this beautiful little arrangement with flowers from mom's garden. The duck container was given to mom when I was born. It was a special little piece of the past put to use once again in celebration. Thank you mom and Granny.
Marin didn't quite get the "blow out your candle" concept. So, Jack volunteered to help.

The Six Pac. It was wonderful having all of my siblings with me on Marin's big day.

Yes, we had baby ducks for the party and the kids LOVED them. I'm really glad we had them for the party, but I've decided I'm NOT a animal lover. These ducks have gotta go! Oh, but they are sooooooooo cute!


The party went late into the evening. The kids played with sparklers, we had fresh cold watermelons and the duck beak whistles were enjoyed by all.

8 comments:

  1. How fun! You were so creative with this! By the way... has anyone told you that your hair looks great?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that everyone was able to be there!!! I had a blast, the food was amazing, the company fun, and the kids were hilarious!
    Marin is growing up soooo fast! I still remember the day she came...we all felt like the wait was so long (and I'm sure you felt the same!) but she's here now and the time is flying by!! :D She's soooo perfect Krystina!!

    -Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful party! I am always amazed by your attention to even the smallest details- it's always exciting to see your handiwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the coookies and favor boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it is 3 years later but where did you get that cute duck for the boxes and in the lemonade??? That is a precious duck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Erin, I purchased the stock image from iStock and edited it to meet my needs for the party. Here is a link to the image:
    http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-illustration-3986726-four-color-easter-ducks.php?st=1e61948
    Thanks for visiting the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cookie cutter did you use to make the duck feet cookies? I'm baking for a baby shower in mid-October and the theme is rubber duckies. These would be so cute to do in addition to rubber duckies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This page should be helpful:
      http://krystinaevans.blogspot.com/2009/06/duck-feet-sugar-cookies.html
      Best of luck with your party!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...