Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins


Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins

1 cup milk
1/2 and 1/4 cup butter, melted and divided
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 cups flour
1/3 and 1/4 cup sugar, divided
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a large bowl, combine milk, 1/2 cup butter, and egg. Stir in flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; stir just until flour is moistened. Gently stir in raspberries and white choc. chips. Spoon batter into baking cups. Bake for 24 to 28 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan. Dip top of each muffin in melted butter, then in sugar.

This recipe was given to me by my friend Libby. She's an excellent cook and her Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins are always a big hit! Trying to stretch the recipe a bit I made the mistake of filling 18 muffin cups instead of 12. Bad decision because these muffins rise so beautifully and mound so perfectly for dipping in butter and sugar IF you divide the batter evenly into 12 cups. Otherwise they are flat and impossible to dip! So, I learned my lesson and divided batch number two in 12 cups. Perfect! You can see in the picture that the mounded ones are much better looking.

Tips From My Friend Libby: Line your muffin pans with two paper liners. After baking, remove the ugly one. My oven never really browns these. I suggest cooking them only the 24 minutes, as long as toothpick comes out clean. If I cook them any longer, I tend to get a crunchy bottom that is unpleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...